Rogers’s Multiplatform Coverage of the 2015 Federal Election
– Coverage available on Rogers TV, OMNI Television, City, Rogers Radio, and Maclean’s –
– Multilingual coverage of Toronto election available on OMNI Television, OMNITV.ca, and Rogers TV –
TORONTO (October 14, 2015) – On Monday, Oct. 19, Rogers’s media assets will come together to bring Canadians comprehensive coverage of this year’s federal election. Serving audiences at home and on-the-go, Rogers brands Rogers TV, OMNI Television, City, Rogers Radio, and Maclean’s will offer Canadians in-depth advance and real-time coverage of the federal election wherever they are until the voting results are announced and beyond.
- GTA VOTES 2015 , presented by Rogers TV and OMNI Television, will bring viewers in-depth and interactive election night coverage from live-eye reporters in key Toronto candidates’ headquarters. Hosted by Pam Seatle (CityNews), GTA VOTES 2015 will be available in five languages: onRogers TV YouTube channel in English, OMNITV.ca in Cantonese and Punjabi, Rogers TV (English), OMNI. 1 (Italian), and on OMNI. 2 (Mandarin).
- Macleans.ca will allow viewers comprehensive coverage online including an interactive map with real-time results, a live blog with results analysis, and live-streaming of CityNews’ broadcast special beginning at 10 p.m. ET, with insights from a panel of esteemed and respected Maclean’s political analysts in Canada – Paul Wells, Laura Payton, John Geddes, and Evan Solomon.
- Citynews.ca will let viewers customize their election night coverage by selecting riding-specific results and tune-in to live video streams across Toronto. Additionally, viewers can sign-up for email bulletins to receive real-time regional and national results.
- Each Rogers Radio news brands’ respective websites (1310NEWS, NEWS95.7, 680News, 570News, NEWS1130, 660News) will host a national live digital stream with political affairs specialist John Stall, and will also be host to an interactive election map for individual riding results.
- CityNews will go live at 10 p.m. ET with CityNews: Your Vote, Your Future, with special broadcast coverage of the Toronto and surrounding market ridings, featuring ongoing live reports from CityNews journalists across the GTA. Throughout the broadcast, viewers will get insights from a panel of esteemed and respected Maclean’s political analysts in Canada.
- GTA VOTES 2015 will broadcast on Rogers TV (English), OMNI. 1 (Italian), OMNI. 2 (Mandarin).
- OMNI B.C. will cover the British Columbia regional election with in-studio analysts from 8 to 9 p.m. PT in Punjabi followed by an hour of coverage in a combination of Cantonese and Mandarin from 9 to 10 p.m. PT.
- Sportsnet will be providing live 30-second election updates courtesy of CityNews during Game 3 of the ALCS, keeping baseball fans updated on the election results throughout the game.
- 1310NEWS in Ottawa (8 p.m. ET to midnight) and NEWS95.7 in Halifax (8 p.m. AT to midnight) will offer an in-studio political panel providing analysis of real-time election results, in addition to reporting from key local ridings.
- 680News in Toronto (9:30 p.m. ET to midnight) will offer full election coverage with reporters covering key ridings in Toronto and the GTA, with James Munroe in-studio reporting breaking news and political affairs reporter John Stall providing analysis. Parliament Hill reporter Cormac Mac Sweeney will be reporting live from the headquarters of Thomas Mulcair in Montreal, and reporting live from Justin Trudeau’s Montreal headquarters will be Kevin Misener.
- 570News in Kitchener (9 p.m. ET to midnight) will team up with Rogers TV Cable 20, hosting a panel of local experts and five reporters providing coverage and analysis from each local riding.
- NEWS1130 in Vancouver (6 p.m. to 10 p.m PT) will host in-depth results and analysis of election night with Your Vote 2015 special, including senior reporter Martin MacMahon’s live coverage from Elizabeth May’s headquarters.
- 660News in Calgary (7:30 pm. to 10 p.m. MT) will have live coverage from the campaign headquarters of Stephen Harper in Calgary from reporter Lucas Meyer.
Social Media Links
Visit OMNI Television at OMNITV.ca
Follow OMNI Television at @OMNITelevision
Like OMNI Television on Facebook
Visit Rogers TV at RogersTV.com
Follow Rogers TV @RogersTVToronto
Like Rogers TV on Facebook
Watch Rogers TV on YouTube
Visit Sportsnet at www.sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet www.Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow NEWS 95.7
Visit Maclean’s at Macleans.ca
Rogers Communications is a leading diversified public Canadian communications and media company. We are Canada's largest provider of wireless communications services and one of Canada's leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet and telephony services to consumers and businesses. Through Rogers Media, we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, sports entertainment, and digital media. Our stock is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit rogers.com.
Elisa Barbaro, Rogers Communications, Elisa.Barbaro@rci.rogers.com, 416-764-3034
Michelle Lomack, Rogers Communications, email@example.com, 416-764-3190