VOTE NOW! TOP 20 ACTS REVEALED FROM CANADA'S GOT TALENT LAST CHANCE AUDITIONS
- Cast your vote now at www.canadasgottalent.com -
(TORONTO – January 23, 2012) After more than 3,700 online submissions from talented Canadians across the country, the results are in! Citytv and Canada’s Got Talent reveal the Top 20 acts from the online Last Chance Auditions, sponsored by Nissan. Family, friends and fans have until Monday, Jan. 30 at 11:59 p.m. ET to cast their votes and send one lucky act straight to the Canada’s Got Talent semifinals in April.
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/AA7hEC
The Top 20 acts were selected by Canada’s Got Talent producers from among thousands of online audition videos that featured everything from singers and dancers to contortionists and sword swallowers. The Last Chance Auditions were the final opportunity for talented hopefuls across the country to audition for the inaugural season of Canada’s Got Talent and go on to compete with other semifinalists in hopes of being named the most talented act in Canada.
Canada’s Got Talent starts this March on Citytv.
· Vote for your Top 20 favourite now at www.canadasgottalent.com – open for one week only.
· Only one vote per day per IP address is permitted.
· The act receiving the most votes from the public will get the chance to make their dreams come true on the live broadcast, competing against other talented semifinalists to thrill the judges, win over the hearts of Canadians across the country, and be the first ever to claim the top spot and prize on Canada’s Got Talent.
· Other YouTube acts will be considered for the semifinals by the Canada’s Got Talent judges – Martin Short, Measha Brueggergosman and Stephan Moccio – and the show’s producers.
Cary Mignault, Unit Publicity Manager, Canada’s Got Talent, Insight Productions
Sónia Brum, Publicity Manager, Canada’s Got Talent, Citytv
Stephanie Perron, Publicity Coordinator, Canada’s Got Talent, Citytv