LIGHTS, CAMERA, TALENT! BROADCAST DETAILS UNVEILED FOR CANADA'S GOT TALENT, PREMIERING MARCH 4 ON CITYTV
- Series begins with six-city, seven-part audition tour on March 4 -
- Special semifinal reveal episode on March 25 -
- Weekly one-hour live semifinal performance shows start April 2 -
- Top YouTube acts from Last Chance Auditions revealed live on April 3 -
- Top 12 finalists perform in special, two-hour, live episode on May 13 -
- Winner revealed in live season finale, May 14 -
(TORONTO – February 6, 2012) The spotlight is on as the nation’s largest talent search series gets underway with the eagerly-awaited premiere of Canada’s Got Talent. Citytv today unveiled the full episodic breakdown for the 11-week, 22-episode, all-new Canadian edition of the international Got Talent franchise. Canada’s Got Talent airs on Sundays at 8pm and 9pm ET/PT throughout the month of March, beginning March 4. An encore presentation of the 9pm hour will air Mondays at 7pm ET/PT. The first-ever Canada’s Got Talent winner will be revealed in the live season finale on May 14.
Encore presentations of each week’s Sunday and Monday shows will be available on Citytv, OMNI Television, Rogers On Demand, rogersondemand.com, and Citytv.com. On Citytv, the encores can be seen Saturday evenings in prime time (check local listings) beginning March 10, while on OMNI.1, OMNI Alberta and OMNI BC, the encores air Sundays beginning March 11, with back-to-back episodes at 4 p.m. ET/MT (OMNI.1 and OMNI Alberta) and 6 p.m. PT (OMNI BC). Viewers can also catch up on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch by downloading the free Citytv video app on iTunes Canada.
In the first seven episodes of the series, celebrity judges Martin Short, Measha Brueggergosman and Stephan Moccio scour the country in search of the most talented act during an exhilarating six-city audition tour that includes Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Halifax, and Montreal. Canadian hopefuls of all ages and all talents perform in an attempt to impress the judges and advance in the competition.
In a special episode on March 25, the judges deliberate behind closed doors and decide which acts will move on to compete in the live semifinals. Thirty-six acts will advance to the semis; six acts per week over six weeks. In the live, one-hour performance shows on Sundays at 8 p.m. local time, six acts will take centre stage to show the judges, host Dina Pugliese, the studio audience, and all of Canada what makes them arguably the nation’s top performer. In the weekly results show, airing Mondays at 7 p.m. local time, two semifinalists will advance – one selected by viewers and one selected by the judges. In addition, the highest vote-getter of the Top 20 acts from the YouTube Last Chance Auditions, sponsored by Nissan, plus one act selected by the judges, will be revealed in the first live results show on April 3.
The competition intensifies when the Top 12 finalists face off in a special two-hour, live episode on May 13 at 8 p.m. local time. The finalists give it their all for one last chance to impress the judges and the nation to earn the ultimate title of Canada’s most talented act. Then it all comes down to one, with the winner being crowned on the season finale on May 14 at 7 p.m. local time.
The winner of Canada’s Got Talent will receive a substantial grand prize package, including a brand-new Nissan GT-R. Valued at approximately $105,000, the GT-R is Nissan’s newest premier supercar with exclusive availability throughout Canada. Additional prizing will be unveiled during the broadcast.
Information regarding the voting process, digital engagement, and a robust national trade campaign will be announced in the coming weeks.
The full episode rollout is as follows (all times local and subject to change):
· Sunday, March 4 at 8 p.m. – Series Premiere/Toronto Auditions (Part One)
· Monday, March 5 at 7 p.m. – Calgary Auditions
· Sunday, March 11 at 8 p.m. – Vancouver Auditions (Part One)
· Sunday, March 11 at 9 p.m. – Winnipeg Auditions
· Monday, March 12 at 7 p.m. *Encore* – Winnipeg Auditions
· Sunday, March 18 at 8 p.m. – Toronto Auditions (Part Two)
· Sunday, March 18 at 9 p.m. – Halifax Auditions/Vancouver Auditions (Part Two)
· Monday, March 19 at 7 p.m. *Encore* – Halifax Auditions/Vancouver Auditions (Part Two)
· Sunday, March 25 at 8 p.m. – Montreal Auditions
· Sunday, March 25 at 9 p.m. – The Cutdown: Judges Choose and Reveal Semifinalists
· Monday, March 26 at 7 p.m. *Encore* – The Cutdown: Judges Choose and Reveal Semifinalists
· Monday, April 2 at 8 p.m. *Special Date and Time* – Semifinal Round One: Performance (LIVE)
· Tuesday, April 3 at 7 p.m. *Special Date and Time*– Semifinal Round One: Results and Top YouTube Acts from Last Chance Auditions are Revealed (LIVE)
· Sunday, April 8 at 8 p.m. – Semifinal Round Two: Performance (LIVE)
· Monday, April 9 at 7 p.m. – Semifinal Round Two: Results (LIVE)
· Sunday, April 15 at 8 p.m. – Semifinal Round Three: Performance (LIVE)
· Monday, April 16 at 7 p.m. – Semifinal Round Three: Results (LIVE)
· Sunday, April 22 at 8 p.m. – Semifinal Round Four: Performance (LIVE)
· Monday, April 23 at 7 p.m. – Semifinal Round Four: Results (LIVE)
· Sunday, April 29 at 8 p.m. – Semifinal Round Five: Performance (LIVE)
· Monday, April 30 at 7 p.m. – Semifinal Round Five: Results (LIVE)
· Sunday, May 6 at 8 p.m. – Semifinal Round Six: Performance (LIVE)
· Monday, May 7 at 7 p.m. – Semifinal Round Six: Results (LIVE)
· Monday, May 14 at 7 p.m. – Canada’s Got Talent Winner is Revealed (LIVE)
Canada’s Got Talent is the largest national talent search in Canadian television history and features a colourful array of hopeful stars, including comedians, contortionists, impressionists, jugglers, magicians, ventriloquists, dancers and singers all vying for a chance to perform on national television and win the coveted title. This original series is a tribute to the rich talents that define and characterize Canada’s diversity.
Tim Hortons, Nissan Canada Inc. and Rogers Communications Inc. are founding partners of Canada’s Got Talent, with multiplatform sponsorship integration and execution across television, online, mobile and on-site presence.
Citytv™ television stations in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg offer viewers intensely-local, urban-oriented, culturally-diverse television programming. A distinct alternative to other conventional television stations, Citytv engages its viewers with dynamic on-air personalities and delivers an entertaining mix of news, local-interactive formats such as: Breakfast Television and CityLine; as well as local Canadian and US acquired prime time entertainment programming. Citytv is a part of Rogers Broadcasting Limited, a division of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX: RCI and NYSE: RCI) which is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. For more information on Citytv stations and programming, visit www.Citytv.com
About Insight Production Company Ltd
Insight Production Company Ltd, headed by John Brunton & Barbara Bowlby has become an industry leader in the creative development, financing and production of highly rated television programs and cutting edge multiplatform content for the global market in every genre. Since 1979, it has been recognized for its reputation for outstanding quality as the recipient of numerous International awards, including multiple Gemini’s. The company has created thousands of hours of groundbreaking television that continues to be broadcast over major networks worldwide. Recent hits include, Battle of the Blades, Top Chef Canada, Canadian Idol, The Juno Awards and Canada Sings. For more information visit www.insighttv.com
FremantleMedia is one of the leading creators and producers of entertainment brands in the world. FremantleMedia is part of the RTL Group, Europe's largest television and radio broadcast company, which is in turn 90 percent owned by Bertelsmann AG, one of the world's major media and entertainment companies. FremantleMedia’s worldwide production arm is responsible for many of the world’s highest rated prime time entertainment, drama, serial drama and factual entertainment programmes. FremantleMedia Enterprises is the brand extension arm of FremantleMedia, offering a one-stop-shop for all Licensing, Distribution and Home Entertainment around the world. For more information, visit www.fremantlemedia.com
About Syco Entertainment
Syco Entertainment is a global joint venture between Simon Cowell and Sony Music Entertainment focused on the production and exploitation of music, television, film and digital content. Syco TV and Music includes the global television franchises 'The X Factor' and 'Got Talent' which currently air in over 60 countries. Syco Music roster includes superstar artists such as Leona Lewis, Susan Boyle and Il Divo. In 2009, 'Britain's Got Talent' launched the global music career of Susan Boyle, whose debut album is world's fastest selling album in history. Syco Entertainment is based in London and Los Angeles with a staff of 30+.
- 30 -
For more information, please contact:
Sónia Brum, Publicity Manager, Citytv, email@example.com, 647.338.7381
Stephanie Perron, Publicity Coordinator for Canada’s Got Talent, Citytv, firstname.lastname@example.org, 647.278.6799
Cary Mignault, Unit Publicity Manager for Canada’s Got Talent, Insight Productions, email@example.com, 416.435.9295