FROM STAGE TO MULTIPLE SCREENS AND BEYOND: CANADA’S GOT TALENT EXPANDS OFFERING, REACHING VIEWERS IN MORE PLACES MORE OFTEN
– New ‘double-double’ dose of Canada’s Got Talent every Sunday night at 8pm and 9pm ET/PT on Citytv –
– Full episodes, never-before-seen auditions, and exclusive select content available on television, online, mobile and tablets –
(TORONTO – March 7, 2012) Following this week’s record-breaking premiere of Canada’s Got Talent, Citytv is taking its flagship, original series to new heights by making it available more often, in more places. Beginning March 11, Citytv will feature a ‘double-double’ dose of Canadian talent – with back-to-back, one-hour episodes on Sundays at 8pm and 9pm ET/PT throughout the month of March. An encore presentation of the 9pm hour will air Mondays at 7pm ET/PT.
For fans on the go, full episodes of Canada’s Got Talent, exclusive select content, and never-before-seen auditions are also now available through multiple viewing options, including Rogers On Demand, Rogers Anyplace TV, Citytv.com, CanadasGotTalent.com, and the Citytv video app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
The premiere of Canada’s Got Talent on March 4 has already become one of the nation’s favourite new series, attracting an average of 1.5 million viewers – making it the most-watched premiere in Citytv history.
“By expanding viewing options for this series, we are continuing our commitment to offer innovative, multiplatform extensions of content that consistently enhance the viewer experience,” said Scott Moore, President, Broadcast, Rogers Media. “Through the amazingly-successful launch pad of Canada’s Got Talent, Rogers Media is surpassing the boundaries of conventional TV viewing to bring fans unlimited, premium content on a variety of platforms, whenever and wherever they want it.”
From TV to online, mobile, tablets and more, below are the many ways in which consumers can engage and access Canada’s Got Talent content:
· Canada’s Got Talent airs Sundays 8pm and 9pm ET/PT on Citytv, with back-to-back episodes. Encore presentation of second hour Mondays at 7pm ET/PT
· Encore presentations: Saturdays 9pm and 10pm ET/PT (Citytv); Sundays 4pm ET/MT (OMNI.1, OMNI Alberta) and 6pm PT (OMNI BC)
· Full episodes and never-before-seen auditions available anytime on Rogers On Demand
· Full episodes on Citytv.com, available next morning following the television broadcast
· Full episodes and never-before-seen auditions on Rogers Anyplace TV website, available within 24 hours after broadcast
· Full episodes, behind-the-scenes interviews, highlight clips, recaps, commentary, live chats, photo galleries, and an episode guide are available on CanadasGotTalent.com
· Full episodes available on the Citytv video app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
· Full episodes and exclusive select content available on tablets, smartphones and Xbox LIVE through Rogers Anyplace TV
· Interact with the show through the Canada’s Got Talent app for BlackBerry® PlayBook™ and iPad featuring unique show content and an interactive ‘At-Home Judge’ component
Canada’s Got Talent is the largest national talent search in Canadian television history and features a colourful array of hopeful stars, including comedians, contortionists, impressionists, jugglers, magicians, ventriloquists, dancers and singers all vying for a chance to perform on national television and win the coveted title.
Citytv™ television stations in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg offer viewers intensely-local, urban-oriented, culturally-diverse television programming. A distinct alternative to other conventional television stations, Citytv engages its viewers with dynamic on-air personalities and delivers an entertaining mix of news, local-interactive formats such as: Breakfast Television and CityLine; as well as local Canadian and US acquired prime time entertainment programming. Citytv is a part of Rogers Broadcasting Limited, a division of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX: RCI and NYSE: RCI) which is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. For more information on Citytv stations and programming, visit www.citytv.com.
About Rogers Communications
Rogers is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. We are Canada's largest provider of wireless voice and data communications services and one of Canada's leading providers of cable television, high speed internet and telephony services. Through Rogers Media we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, sports entertainment, magazines and trade publications, and digital media. We are publicly traded on theToronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit www.rogers.com.
For more information, please contact:
Sónia Brum, Communications Manager, Citytv, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416.764.3194