FX CANADA LAUNCHES IN MANITOBA ON MTS AND IN SASKATCHEWAN ON SASKTEL, BEGINNING TODAY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
FX CANADA LAUNCHES IN MANITOBA ON MTS AND IN SASKETCHEWAN ON SASKTEL, BEGINNING TODAY
– MTS and SaskTel join current FX Canada carriers Rogers Digital, TELUS Optik TV, EastLink and Cable Cable -
- Free preview will be available for MTS and SaskTel subscribers -
– FX Canada features premium series The Ultimate Fighter, American Horror Story, and Sons of Anarchy –
(TORONTO – March 23, 2011) FX Canada announced today that MTS and SaskTel now offer the premium specialty channel to its subscribers in Manitoba (MTS) and Saskatchewan (SaskTel). Launching with a two-month free preview, viewers in Central Canada will enjoy unlimited access to the extensive, ground-breaking programming on FX Canada.
On MTS, FX Canada will be available to MTS Classic TV subscribers in Winnipeg on channel 43 in standard definition. MTS Ultimate TV subscribers in Winnipeg, Brandon, Portage La Prairie, Selkirk, Dauphin, Steinbach, Thompson, and The Pas can access FX Canada on channel 43 in standard definition and channel 45 in high definition. The MTS free preview will start Friday, March 23, 2012.
FX Canada will be available to SaskTel subscribers in Saskatchewan on channel 83 in standard definition and channel 383 in high definition. The SaskTel free preview will start Friday, March 23, 2012 and will end Thursday, May 31, 2012. Once the preview ends, FX Canada will be found in the Entertainment Plus Package.
In addition to being available on MTS, FX Canada has already launched on Rogers Digital, TELUS Optik TV, EastLink and Cable Cable (see below for channel listings).
• Rogers Digital – Channel 318 (standard definition) and 565 (high definition)
• EastLink – Channel on 667 (high definition). Check local listings for standard definition channel information
• Cable Cable – Channel 97 (standard definition) and 315 (high definition)
• TELUS Optik TV – Channel 188 (standard definition) and 690 (high definition)
Visit FXCanada.ca for clips, games and behind-the-scenes materials from marquee series, including American Horror Story “Horror House Calls” videos and the “Family Portrait" game, exclusive Sons of Anarchy videos, and The Ultimate Fighter Live promos and fighter profiles.
About FX Canada
FX Canada is a digital specialty channel that delivers critically-acclaimed dramas and hit comedies, including FX original series American Horror Story, Wilfred, The League, Lights Out, Terriers and Sons of Anarchy. Delivering compelling entertainment to Canadians, FX Canada’s unique content also features movies and original Canadian programming. FX Canada is a part of Rogers Broadcasting Limited, a division of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX: RCI and NYSE: RCI) which is a diversified Canadian communications and media company.
- 30 -
For more information, please contact:
Meghan Hardy, FX Canada, 416.764.3197, Meghan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonia Brum, FX Canada, 416.764.3194, email@example.com