SOUTHERN SWEETHEART AND SINGLE MOM EMILY MAYNARD GETS A SECOND CHANCE AT LOVE WHEN THE BACHELORETTE PREMIERES MAY 14 ON CITYTV AND OMNI TELEVISION
- Formerly engaged to Season 15 bachelor Brad Womack, Maynard gets a love do-over in her native Charlotte, North Carolina -
- Canadian biology teacher Aaron among 25 hopeful suitors -
- Season highlights include a special appearance by Grammy® Award-winner Dolly Parton and a performance by The Muppets -
- The Bachelorette airs Mondays on Citytv and OMNI Television beginning May 14; check local listings for specific broadcast information on May 21 an 28 -
(TORONTO – May 3, 2012) On the heels of Tuesday’s exciting Citytv announcement naming CFL wide receiver Brad Smith as Canada’s most eligible bachelor, Citytv and OMNI Television embark on another quest for love in the highly-anticipated Season 8 of The Bachelorette. Premiering Monday, May 14 at 9:30 p.m. ET on OMNI.1, 10:30 p.m. MT on OMNI Alberta and 11 p.m. PT/CT on Citytv, fan-favourite Emily Maynard, the charming single mother who stole Brad Womack – and Canada’s! – hearts on Season 15 of The Bachelor, is back again to find her perfect match. With surprises in store that will shake Maynard’s world, will the southern belle finally find true love?
The battle for Maynard’s affection – and coveted roses – begins immediately on the premiere episode in her hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina, where she lives with her six-year-old daughter, Ricki. Coming from all over the country, the 25 eager suitors include Nova Scotia-native and biology teacher Aaron, mushroom farmer Alejandro, marine biologist Jean-Paul and ex-professional football player Ryan.
As the car brigade begins, the one-upsmanship and testosterone-driven drama quickly begins when the men battle it out for Emily’s attention. Among them, Brent, a single father of six, shows off his collection of family photos, while Arie, a professional race car driver, is nervous to share his career with Emily – fearing that it will remind her of her late fiancé, race car driver Ricky Hendrick. Later, tension mounts and sparks fly after host Chris Harrison reveals the first impression rose sending two men into an accusatory tailspin. But when Maynard finally offers the first rose, will the men understand her choice?
Maynard’s 25 suitors are (in alphabetical order):
• Aaron, 36, a biology teacher from North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
• Alessandro, 30, a grain merchant from St. Paul, MN
• Alejandro, 25, a mushroom farmer from San Francisco, CA
• Arie, 30, a race car driver from Scottsdale, AZ
• Brent, 41, a technology salesman from Fresno, CA
• Charlie, 32, a recruiter from Nashville, TN
• Chris, 25, a corporate sales director from Chicago, IL
• David, 33, a singer/songwriter from New York, NY
• Doug, 33, a real estate agent from Seattle, WA
• Jackson, 29, a fitness model from Lockport, IL
• Jean-Paul, 35, a marine biologist from Seattle, WA
• Jef, 27, an entrepreneur from Salt Lake City, UT
• Joe, 27, a field energy advisor from Los Angeles, CA
• John “Wolf,” 30, a data destruction specialist from St. Louis, MO
• Kalon, 27, a luxury brand consultant from Houston, TX
• Kyle, 29, a financial advisor from Long Beach, CA
• Lerone, 29, a real estate consultant from Los Angeles, CA
• Michael, 26, a rehab counsellor from Austin, TX
• Nate, 25, an accountant from Los Angeles, CA
• Randy, 30, a marketing manager from Hermosa Beach, CA
• Ryan, 31, a pro sports trainer from Augusta, GA
• Sean, 28, an insurance agent from Dallas, TX
• Stevie, 26, a party MC from Staten Island, NJ
• Tony, 31, a lumber trader from Beaverton, OR
• Travis, 30, an advertising sales representative from Madison, MS
For Maynard, her hunt for Mr. Right will take her and her suitors around the world for intimate dates in Bermuda, London, Dubrovnik and Prague. Special surprises include an exclusive red carpet affair, a live performance with The Muppets, a private concert with country music star Luke Bryan, and a visit to Dollywood with none other than the Queen of Country herself, Dolly Parton.
At the end of the journey, Emily will have travelled the world again for love, but will she finally make her own fairytale come true?
Hosted by Chris Harrison, The Bachelorette is from Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television.
Citytv™ television stations in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg offer viewers intensely-local, urban-oriented, culturally-diverse television programming. A distinct alternative to other conventional television stations, Citytv engages its viewers with dynamic on-air personalities and delivers an entertaining mix of news, local-interactive formats such as: Breakfast Television and CityLine; as well as local Canadian and US acquired prime time entertainment programming. Citytv is a part of Rogers Broadcasting Limited, a division of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX: RCI and NYSE: RCI) which is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. For more information on Citytv stations and programming, visit www.Citytv.com.
Follow us on Twitter @Citytv_PR
- 30 -